Plastic Recycling Facts
For each ton of plastic recycled we save the equivalent of...
- The energy used by 2 people in 1 year.
- The amount of water used by 1 person over two months.
- 2,000 pounds of oil.
Metal Recycling Facts
Every pound of steel recycled saves 5,450 BTU’s of energy...
- Enough to light a 60-watt bulb for over 26 hours.
- Recycling just one can saves enough electricity to light a 100-watt bulb for 20 hours, a computer for 3 hours, and a TV for 2 hours.
Paper Recycling Facts
Recycling one ton of paper would ...
- Save enough energy to power the average home for 6 months.
- Save 2 barrels of oil.
- Save 7,000 gallons of water.
- Save 3.3 cubic yards of landfill space.
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions by one metric ton of carbon equivalent (MTCE).
- Save 17 mature trees.
- Save 4,000 kilowatt hours of electricity.
- Produce enough energy to power the average American home for 5 months.
Recycling Creates Jobs
The recycling business employs collectors, sorters, processors, manufacturers, designers, scientists, administrators and researchers. Recycling plants train and employ four workers for every single worker that the landfill and waste management industry maintains.